Schama, Simon, Power of art , 2006
- Power of art / Simon Schama.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Simon Schama's power of art
- London : BBC, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 448 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryN5300 .S3 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "This book is published to accompany the television series Simon Schama's Power of art, created by BBC Arts and first broadcast on BBC2 in 2006"--T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 442-443) and index.
- Caravaggio : painting gets physical. -- Bernini : the miracle worker. -- Rembrandt : rough stuff in the halls of the rich. -- David : airbrushing the revolution. -- Turner : painting up a storm. -- Van Gogh : Painting from inside the head.-- Picasso : modern art goes political. -- Rothko : the music of beyond in the city of glitter.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- History.