Contrasts, or, A parallel between the noble edifices of the Middle Ages, and corresponding buildings of the present day : shewing the present decay of taste : accompanied by appropriate text / by A. Welby Pugin, architect.
- Additional Title(s):
Parallel between the noble edifices of the Middle Ages, and corresponding buildings of the present day :
Added engraved title page: Contrasts, or, A parrallel between the architecture of the 15th & 19th centuries
- The second edition
- London : Charles Dolman, 61, New Bond Street, MDCCCXLI 
London : Richards, printer, St. Martin's Lane, Charing Cross
- Physical Description:
- v, , 104 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA440 .P84 1841+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Rosemarie Haag Bletter and Martin FillerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Preface to the second edition"--pages [iii]-[v].
Printer's statement from foot of page 104.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original quarter green leather and gilt-stamped green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Gothic.Church architecture -- England.
- Etchings -- 1841.
YCBA Collections Search
Pugin, Augustus Welby Northmore, 1812-1852, Contrasts, or, A parallel between the noble edifices of the Middle Ages, and corresponding buildings of the present day , MDCCCXLI