Billhead recording purchases by Mrs. Davenport from Wimpory & Son, ladies shoe makers, Manchester.
- Additional Title(s):
Bought of Wimpory & Son, from London
- Manchester, approximately 1825.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 12 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS990 .W56 1825 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "Bought of Wimpory & Son, from London. Ladies shoe makers, 8 St. Ann's Square."
"Where every article in their line is manufactured of the very best materials & in the first stile of fashion."
Completed in pen and black ink.
The firm of Wimpory & Son appears in the Manchester directory of 1825.
One billhead of Wimpory & Son, Manchester, ladies shoe maker, recording purchases made by Mrs. Davenport. Mrs. Davenport buys damask satin walking shoes and damask satin slippers totalling £1/19/0. Receipt of payment is recorded by S. Wimpory, July 2nd.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Fashion -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Footwear -- Trade and manufacture -- Great Britain.Manchester (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Shoes -- Trade and manufacture -- Great Britain.Wimpory & Son (Firm : Manchester, England)
- Receipts (financial records)
YCBA Collections Search
Wimpory & Son (Firm : Manchester, England), Billhead recording purchases by Mrs. Davenport from Wimpory & Son, ladies shoe makers, Manchester, approximately 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.