Shoubridge, James, Billhead recording clothing purchased by Mrs. Clough from James Shoubridge, hatter, London, 1807
- Billhead recording clothing purchased by Mrs. Clough from James Shoubridge, hatter, London.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Bought of Jas. Stowbridge, hatter
- London, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- 2 sheets : illustration, 20 x 24 cm and 9 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT510.S56 1807 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Billhead of James Stowbridge, London hatter, recording purchases made by Mrs. Clough in 1807. On August 5th, 1807, Mrs. Clough purchases riding waistcoats and cloth totalling £16/3/6. With receipt of payment recorded by J. Shoubridge, dated August 31, 1807, on separate sheet, affixed to front of invoice. The receipt bears the a blind stamp seal with motto "Dieu et mon doit."
The engraved billhead features an image of the royal arms of Great Britain, engraved by Halthide & Co.
"Bought of Jas. Shoubridge, hatter to Her Majesty & their Royal Highnesses the Duke & Duchess of York & the Princesses & Dukes of Kent & Cumberland. 16 Old Bond Street, London."
Completed in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Fashion -- Great Britain.Hat trade -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Hats -- Great Britain.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Riding habit -- Great Britain.Shoubridge, James.
- Engravings -- 1807.
Receipts (financial records)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.