Grave, Joseph (Tailor), Billhead recording clothing purchased by Mr. Davenport from Joseph Grave, clothiers, Manchester, 1820
- Billhead recording clothing purchased by Mr. Davenport from Joseph Grave, clothiers, Manchester.
- Alternate Title(s):
- To Joseph Grave Dr., draper, tailor, & habit maker
- London, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 16 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT510 .G73 1820 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- The billhead records four purchases (two on July 8, 1820, and two on July 22) in which Davenport buys breeches, a coat and 3 yards of material, totalling £4/14/4, which added to existing charges of £13/13/3 brings the total due to £18/9/10.
Dated at top: "Manchester, [26 Dec.], 18."
The engraved billhead reads: "To Joseph Grave Dr., draper, tailor, & habit maker."
Completed in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Drapery industry -- Great Britain.Fashion -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Grave, Joseph (Tailor)Manchester (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Woolen goods industry -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.