Slatter & Willes (London, England), Billhead of Slatter & Willes, London, for purchases made by R.D. Fraser in 1912, 1913
- Billhead of Slatter & Willes, London, for purchases made by R.D. Fraser in 1912.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Bought of Slatter & Willes, high class bespoke tailors, breeches makers, and general outfitters
- London, 1913.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustration ; 18 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT510 .S53 1913Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Billhead of Slatter & Willes, London clothier, recording the purchase of a suit (at a cost of £2/12/6) by R.D. Fraser of The Nurseries, Malvern, in July 27, 1912. Note at bottom of billhead: "Our Mr. Davey will call upon you on Wednesday this week, when we should be be obliged by a settlement of this a/c. S&W." Affixed to the billhead is a small slip noting receipt of payment on Dec. 4, 1913.
"Bought of Slatter & Willes, high class bespoke tailors, breeches makers, and general outfitters. Contractors for livries and uniforms. All remittances and communications to be addressed to the firm. Terms strictly cash."
The lithographed billhead features an illustration of the Slatter & Willes shopfront.
Completed in pen and black ink.
Penny stamp with image of George V affixed to receipt.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Drapery industry -- Great Britain.Fraser, R. D., active 1913.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.Military uniforms -- Great Britain.Slatter & Willes (London, England)Storefronts -- Great Britain.Woolen goods industry -- Great Britain.
- Lithographs -- 1913.
Receipts (financial records.
Postage stamps -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.