Billhead of Frederick Hammond, London clothier, recording purchases by Lord G. Beauclerk, 1871.
- Additional Title(s):
Bot. of Fredk. Hammond, hosier, glover, shirt maker, & general oufiter, 93, Piccadilly
- London, 1871.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustration ; 18 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHF5439.C6 H36 1871 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "Bot. of Fredk. Hammond, hosier, glover, shirt maker, & general oufiter, 93, Piccadilly. Dressings gowns and Welch flannels. Ladies & children's hosier of every description. For ready money".
Printed on blue paper.
Completed in pen and black ink.
Includes a Penny Lilac tax stamp affixed at bottom.
Records five transactions (on May 17, May 11, June 15, Sept. 7, and Sept. 10) in which Beauclerk buys shirts, drawers, vests, hat, and ties, totalling £13/13/0. Dated at top: "London, [Xmas 18." Hammond records receipt of payment on March 12, 1872.
- Subject Terms:
- Beauclerk, G., Lord, active 1871.Children's clothing -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Drapery industry -- Great Britain.Hammond, Frederick (Hosier)Woolen goods industry -- Great Britain.
- Receipts (financial records)
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hammond, Frederick (Hosier), Billhead of Frederick Hammond, London clothier, recording purchases by Lord G. Beauclerk, 1871, 1871
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.