Hammond, Frederick (Hosier), Billhead of Frederick Hammond, London clothier, recording purchases by Lord G. Beauclerk, 1871, 1871
- Billhead of Frederick Hammond, London clothier, recording purchases by Lord G. Beauclerk, 1871.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Bot. of Fredk. Hammond, hosier, glover, shirt maker, & general oufiter, 93, Piccadilly
- London, 1871.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustration ; 18 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHF5439.C6 H36 1871 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Records five transactions (on May 17, May 11, June 15, Sept. 7, and Sept. 10) in which Beauclerk buys shirts, drawers, vests, hat, and ties, totalling £13/13/0. Dated at top: "London, [Xmas 18." Hammond records receipt of payment on March 12, 1872.
"Bot. of Fredk. Hammond, hosier, glover, shirt maker, & general oufiter, 93, Piccadilly. Dressings gowns and Welch flannels. Ladies & children's hosier of every description. For ready money".
Printed on blue paper.
Completed in pen and black ink.
Includes a Penny Lilac tax stamp affixed at bottom.
- Subject Terms:
- Beauclerk, G., Lord, active 1871.Children's clothing -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Drapery industry -- Great Britain.Hammond, Frederick (Hosier)Woolen goods industry -- Great Britain.
- Receipts (financial records)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.