- Great Britain, approximately 1830?
- Physical Description:
- 1 paper doll (4 pieces) ; 80 x 110 mm, in envelope 120 x 400 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT870 .P37 1830 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Hand-made paper doll, comprising four pieces:  the figure of a young woman, in modest underclothes;  a full-length dress, bearing a different design on each of its two sides; and [3 and 4] two hats, one a simple bonnet and the other a fancy design in black silk. The pieces are fashioned such that the dress may slipped on to the female figure, and the hats placed upon her head.
Housed in a contemporary sugar-paper envelope.
Watercolor over pen and black ink.
All parts of the doll are illustrated on both sides to show anterior and posterior view.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Dresses -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Fashion -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Hats -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Paper dolls -- Great Britain -- Specimens.
- Paper dolls.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Handmade papers (Paper)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.