Cracknall, James, Billhead of James Cracknall, clothier, London, for tailoring provided to Lord Strathallen, 1830, 1830
- Billhead of James Cracknall, clothier, London, for tailoring provided to Lord Strathallen, 1830.
- Alternate Title(s):
- To James Cracknall, breeches maker
- London, 1830.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustration ; 17 x 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT570 .C72 1830 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Records repairs to two pairs of trousers, totalling £8/7/5. Cracknall records receipt of payment on June 23, 1831.
"To James Cracknall, breeches maker to His Majesty and their Royal Highnesses, the Dukes of York, Cumberland & Cambridge. 29, Old Bond Street, London."
The client is presumably James Andrew John Lawrence Charles Drummond, 6th Viscount Strathallan (1767-1851)
Billhead features an image of the royal arms of Great Britain, engraved by Sawyer & Son.
Completed in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Alteration.Clothing and dress -- Care.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Cracknall, James.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Strathallan, James Andrew John Lawrence Charles Drummond, Viscount, 1767-1851.Tailoring -- Great Britain.
- Engravings -- 1830.
Receipts (financial records)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.