[Billhead of T.L. Barrett, general warehouseman, Peterborough, for a purchase by Maude K. Kirkby].
- Additional Title(s):
Bought of T.L. Barrett, general warehouseman
- Peterborough : T.L. Barrett, 1899.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustration, 26 x 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Engraved billhead features an image of the Barrett storefront, by Waterlow & Sons.
"Bought of T.L. Barrett, general warehouseman. Departments: millinery, mantles, costumes, silks, dresses, underclothing, hosiery & gloves, ribbons & laces, family mourning. Departments: carpets, mattings, curtains, bedsteads, household linens, flannels & blankets, calicoes, fancy blinds, paperhangings".
"And at Skegness".
Completed in pen and black ink.
Records purchase, on Dec. 29, 1898, of 6 3/4 (yards?) of apron, at a cost of £0/2/8. Dated at top: "Waterloo House, Peterborough. [Jan. 10th], 18. Barrett records receipt of payment on 1/28/99.
- Subject Terms:
- Barrett, Thomas Lawrence.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.House furnishings -- Great Britain.Kirkby, Maude K.Peterborough (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.Peterborough (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Storefronts -- Great Britain.
- Wood engravings -- 1899.
Receipts (financial records)
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Barrett, Thomas Lawrence, [Billhead of T.L. Barrett, general warehouseman, Peterborough, for a purchase by Maude K. Kirkby], 1899
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.