[Billhead of H.J. Simkin, carver & gilder, London, for the purchase of picture frames by Mr. Stevenson].
- Additional Title(s):
Dr. to H.J. Simkin, carver & gilder, picture frame maker & artists mount cutter
- London : H.J. Simkin, 1891.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 14 x 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "Dr. to H.J. Simkin, carver & gilder, picture frame maker & artists mount cutter. 113, Upper Street, Islington, N. Opposite St. Mary's Church".
Completed in pen and black ink.
"Prints and drawings carefully mounted".
"All goods must be paid for on or before delivery".
The England & Wales National Probate Calendar (1896) notes the death of Henry James Simkin "of Upper-Street, Islington" on 8 August 1896.
Records purchase, on Aug. 5, 1891, of eight oak and gold frames, for a bill totalling £1/4/4. Dated at top: "London, [Aug 5] 18". Simkin records receipt of payment on Oct. 16th, 1891.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.House furnishings -- Great Britain.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Picture frames and framing -- Great Britain.Simkin, Henry James, -1896.Stevenson, Robert W., active 1881-1891.
- Receipts (financial records)
YCBA Collections Search
Simkin, Henry James, -1896, [Billhead of H.J. Simkin, carver & gilder, London, for the purchase of picture frames by Mr. Stevenson], 1891
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.