[Billhead of W. Woods & Son, fancy hardwaremen, London, for equipment purchased by Mr. Treat].
- Additional Title(s):
Bot. of W. Woods & Son, general fancy hardwaremen
- London : W. Woods & Son, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustration ; 19 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 4View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- The engraved billhead features an illustration of the Woods storefront. Engraved by W.H. Leonard, Birmingham.
Completed in pen and black ink.
"Bot. of W. Woods & Son, general fancy hardwaremen, and manufacturers of hooks & eyes, metallic pens, pen holders, pencil cases, ever pointed & Cumberland pencils, metallic holes, snaps, brace belt & stock buckles, elastic wire, steel locks, swivels, &c. chandelier pins, lamp chains, steel rings, buttons, thimbles, castor tops, guard chains, watch keys, &c. &c."
"Warehouse, 76 Newgate Street, London. Manufactory. Newcastle Street. Faringdon St."
"Wholesale & for exportation".
"Palmer's patent metallic candles & lamps".
Records purchases, from January to April, 1839, of "pens on sticks", double blade knives, pencils, bottles of ink, and pens, for a bill totaling £5/6/0. Dated at top: "London. 18". Receipt of payment not recorded. The buyer is identified as "Treat of Boys School."
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Pencils -- Great Britain.Pens -- Great Britain.Schools -- Furniture, equipment, etc. -- Great Britain.Storefronts -- Great Britain.W. Woods & Son (London, England)
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
W. Woods & Son (London, England), [Billhead of W. Woods & Son, fancy hardwaremen, London, for equipment purchased by Mr. Treat], 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.