Cavendish, George, 1500-1561?, The life of Thomas Wolsey, cardinal, archbishop of York , 1893]
- The life of Thomas Wolsey, cardinal, archbishop of York / written by George Cavendish.
- [Hammersmith, England : Kelmscott Press, 1893]
- Physical Description:
- , iv, 287 p. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA334.W8 C35 1893+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN By34 274t: An edition of 250 copies printed, of which 6 on vellum. This copy printed on paper. Bound in white vellum.
Golden type, with initials; first page of text within ornamental border.
Formerly ascribed to the author's brother, Sir William Cavendish.
First ed. pub. in 1641 under title: The negotiations of Thomas Wolsey.
Colophon: Transcribed after the autograph manuscript of the author ... by F.S. Ellis ... and printed by me William Morris, at the Kelmscott Press, Upper Mall, Hammersmith ... finished on the 30th day of March, 1893 [printer's device] Sold by Reeves & Turner, 196, Strand.
Peterson, W. S. Kelmscott Press, A14
BAC: British Art Center copy is one of 6 vellum copies. Bound in limp vellum with silk ties.
- Subject Terms:
- Kelmscott Press -- Publisher. (BACRB)Morris, William -- Printer. (BACRB)Wolsey, Thomas, 1475?-1530.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1893. (BACRB)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.