Bethany seeds / wood engravings, Mandy Bonnell ; poem, Gabriel Gbadamosi.
- London : E.M.H. Arts, 2013.
London : Graham Bignell and Beatrice Bless at New North Press, 
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.B56 B48 2013+Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- "Bethany seeds is published by E.M.H. Arts, 2013, in an edition of 15 signed copies, with 5 artist proofs. Wood-engravings and mono print collage printed by the artist on Fabriano Artistico ... Hand set and printed typography by Graham Bignell and Beatrice Bless at New North Press, London. Book hand-bound by Elizabeth Naville. E.M.H. Arts is the imprint of the Eagle Gallery, London."--Colophon.
"Hickory, red maple, black birch, conifer, cedar, white pine, black pine, oak, acorn beech, alder chestnut."--Page 1.
"Open concertina with box. Bethany Seeds book contains 12 wood engravings of seeds from Bethany, Connecticut. It also contains a poem, Caryatid, which is a response to the images by Gabriel Gbadamosi. Hand cut collaged and printed endpapers, covers and slip box. Hand set and printed typography by Graham Bignell of New North Press London. Title page and colophon contains wood engraving and letterpress. Books bound by Elisabeth Neville. The wood engravings were cut on Lemonwood."--MCBA website, accessed 8/6/2013.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 139
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 2 of 15, signed and numbered by the artist, in graphite. With original slip box.
"In 2009 I received a residency from the Josef and Anni Albers Foundation in Connecticut. I was given unique unlimited access to the archives and was able to explore the text based typewriter drawings of Anni Albers. I drew a seed each day to reflect the time spent there and this book is a response to a selection of those drawings."--Artist statement (on MCBA website, accessed 8/6/2013).
- Subject Terms:
- Albers, Anni.Caryatids.Pods (Botany) -- Pictorial works.Seeds -- Morphology -- Pictorial works.Seeds -- Pictorial works.Trees -- Connecticut.Women in natural history.
- Botanical illustrations.
Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Monoprints (painting and printing works)
Collages (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.