Mayer, Lance, American painters on technique , c2013
American painters on technique : 1860-1945 / Lance Mayer and Gay Myers.
- Los Angeles, CA : J. Paul Getty Museum, c2013.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 298 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryND1471 .M393 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Painting -- Technique -- History -- 19th century.Painting -- Technique -- History -- 20th century.Painting, American -- 19th century.Painting, American -- 20th century.
- William Page: an American titian (and America's Reynolds)
- Eclectic materials and methods, 1860-1910
- George Inness: glazing, alteration, and intuition
- James McNeill Whistler's unique techniques
- John Singer Sargent: painting with "slow haste"
- Modernism and the revival of the craft of painting, 1910-45.