IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Oetzmann & Co., [Billhead and receipt of Oetzmann & Co., London, for purchase of carpet by R.W. Stevenson], 1881
[Billhead and receipt of Oetzmann & Co., London, for purchase of carpet by R.W. Stevenson].
- Additional Title(s):
Bot. of Oetzmann & Co., cabinet makers, upholsterers, bedding manufacturers, and house furnishers throughout
- London : Oetzmann & Co., 1881.
- Physical Description:
- 2 sheets : illustrations ; 28 x 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 9View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Accompanied by a receipt on a separate form, also from Aug 22, 1881. Stevenson pays £5/0/0, leaving a balance of 19/0. Receipt bears a one penny stamp, printed in red and embossed.
Features a wood-engraved illustration of the Oetzmann storefront.
"Bot. of Oetzmann & Co., cabinet makers, upholsterers, bedding manufacturers and house furnishers throughout."
"Patentees & sole vendors compendium mattress Anglo Turkey, Anglo-Persian and Anglo Indian carpets & rugs. Established in 1848. Showrooms: 67, 69, 71, 73, 77 & 79 Hampston Road. Cabinet Factory: Albion Works, Drummond Street. Bedding Factory : Eagle Works, Hampstead Road. London. N.W."
"Departments: Furniture, bedding, carpets, floor cloths, mattings, drapery, blankets & quilts, table linen, sheetings, damasks, furnishing ironmongery, fenders, fire irons."
"Departments: Table cutlery, electro silver plate, lamps & chandeliers, &c., pictures, bronzes, French & English clocks, paper hangings, china & glass, dinner & dessert sets, tea & breakfast services, toilet sets, vases, instres &c., mats & brushers, wood turnery &c."
Completed in pen and black ink.
Records purchase of "1 real Turkey carpet" costing £5/19/0. Dated "[22 Augt] 18."
- Subject Terms:
- Carpets -- Great Britain.Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.House furnishings -- Great Britain.Interior decoration -- Great Britain.Oetzmann & Co.Stevenson, Robert W., active 1881-1891.Storefronts -- Great Britain.
- Receipts (financial records)
Wood engravings -- 1881.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.