Burkitt & Hudson : 85, Cheapside, London.
- London : Burkitt & Hudson, [not after 1818]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : engraving ; 9 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 15View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Variety of new & fashionable paper hangings, borders, enriched ornaments and gold mouldings adapted for plain or pannelled rooms. Distemper colouring in the best manner. House painting & graining."
The firm of Burkitt & Hudson (comprised of Miles Burkitt and John Hudson) dissolved on March 25, 1818. See: The London Gazette, March 31, 1818 (p. 581).
"Papers for exportation. Workmen sent to any part of the kingdom also patterns by orders sent per post. Landscape painting by the finest artists."
"Patentees of the cimelium decoration."
Engraved tradecard of Burkitt & Hudson, featuring an image of the royal arms of Great Britain, along with three cherubs holding tools of the trade.
- Subject Terms:
- Burkitt & Hudson.Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.Decorative paper.Graining.House furnishings -- Great Britain.House painting -- Great Britain.Interior decoration -- Great Britain.Simulated wood.Wall coverings.Wallpaper -- Great Britain.
Trade cards (advertising)
Engravings -- 1810-1818.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.