Receipts by John Williams, of White Hill Kiln, for chimney tunnel tiles purchased by Breandveath, of Houghton, 1848.
- Luton : White Hill Kiln, 1848.
- Physical Description:
- 2 sheets ; 13 x 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTA401.6 W45 1848 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Other supplies (not purchased) on the printed form include bricks, coping, paving, pipes, lime, and an assortment of tiles.
Completed in pen and black ink.
Two receipts issued by White Hill Kiln, Luton, for tunnel tiles (i.e. chimney tubing) by Breandreath (?) Esq., Houghton. The receipts are dated 22 July and 29 July, and in each transaction 50 tunnel ("12 iss") are purchased. No price is recorded. On each, "Williams" is recorded in the blank for team, and "Banford" in the blank for carter.
- Subject Terms:
- Building -- Great Britain.Building materials -- Great Britain.Building trades -- Great Britain.Kilns -- Great Britain.Tile industry -- Great Britain.Tiles -- Great Britain.White Hill Kiln (Luton, England)Williams, John (Builder), active 1848.
- Invoices (financial records)
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
White Hill Kiln (Luton, England), Receipts by John Williams, of White Hill Kiln, for chimney tunnel tiles purchased by Breandveath, of Houghton, 1848, 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.