White Hill Kiln (Luton, England), Receipts by John Williams, of White Hill Kiln, for chimney tunnel tiles purchased by Breandveath, of Houghton, 1848, 1848
- Receipts by John Williams, of White Hill Kiln, for chimney tunnel tiles purchased by Breandveath, of Houghton, 1848.
- Luton : White Hill Kiln, 1848.
- Physical Description:
- 2 sheets ; 13 x 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTA401.6 W45 1848 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Two receipts issued by White Hill Kiln, Luton, for tunnel tiles (i.e. chimney tubing) by Breandreath (?) Esq., Houghton. The receipts are dated 22 July and 29 July, and in each transaction 50 tunnel ("12 iss") are purchased. No price is recorded. On each, "Williams" is recorded in the blank for team, and "Banford" in the blank for carter.
Other supplies (not purchased) on the printed form include bricks, coping, paving, pipes, lime, and an assortment of tiles.
Completed in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Building -- Great Britain.Building materials -- Great Britain.Building trades -- Great Britain.Kilns -- Great Britain.Tile industry -- Great Britain.Tiles -- Great Britain.White Hill Kiln (Luton, England)Williams, John (Builder), active 1848.
- Invoices (financial records)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.