Stanley, C. (Portraitist), A correct likeness, handsomely framed, in one minute, for one shilling, [approximately 1820?]
- A correct likeness, handsomely framed, in one minute, for one shilling.
- [London] : C. Stanley, [approximately 1820?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : portrait ; 47 x 32 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC772 .S73 1820 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Trade card of C. Stanley, portrait artist.
"Or four of the same person, one frame included, for 2s. and finished variously up to 10 guineas. Hours of business from 10 till 5. At C. Stanley's, 48 Cornhill."
With a woodcut portait at center.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. The text is identical in each, but the portrait varies.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- Great Britain.London (England) -- Social life and customs.Portrait drawing, English.Portraits -- Great Britain.Stanley, C. (Portraitist)
Trade cards (advertising)
Woodcuts -- 1820.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.