For the use of schools ... The young artist's complete magazine, for the instruction of the youth of both sexes .., 
For the use of schools ... The young artist's complete magazine, for the instruction of the youth of both sexes ...
- London : Printed for the author, and sold by W. Nicoll, No. 51, St. Paul's Church-Yard, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (2 pages) ; 23 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN188.L6 F67 1788 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Full caption: "For the use of schools. On Friday, February 1, 1788, will be published, and continued monthly (to be completed in 36 nos.), no. 1 only two pence, of The young artist's complete magazine, for the instruction of the youth of both sexes, or A complete body of the polite and useful arts, as now practised by the best masters, with the latest discoveries in each branch viz."
Topics to be covered include: design, painting, color, silk flowers, carving, framing, engraving, printing, bookbinding, staining, filigree, and ink recipes.
BAC: British Art Center copy imprint correct in ms. After "... and may be had of ..." the phrase "all booksellers and news carriers in Great Britain" has been crossed out and replaced with "W. Tesseyman, York."
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Study and teaching -- England -- London -- Early works to 1800.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Engraving -- Study and teaching.Handicraft -- Study and teaching.Painting -- Study and teaching.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.