Beaufain, Charles Random de Bérenger, baron de, Helps and hints how to protect life and property , 1835
- Helps and hints how to protect life and property : with instructions in rifle and pistol shooting, &c. / by Lt. Col. baron de Berenger ; the embellishments by Mr. Bonner and others ; after designs by Messrs. G. and R. Cruikshank, Alken, Haghe, Fussell, and de Berenger.
- London : T. Hurst, 1835.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 286,  p.,  leaves of plates (two folded) : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1153 .B43 1835Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by J. and C. Adlard, Bartholomew Close.
Lithography printed by Day and Haghe.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 70
"Particulars and recommendations of the Stadium, or, British national arena" [etc.]: p. -, with etchings by George and Robert Cruikshank.
"Stadium races":  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half brown leather with marbled boards. Illustrations are in the second state.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Costume -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Day and Haghe -- Printer.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Hurst, T. -- Publisher.J. and C. Adlard -- Printer.Recreation areas -- Great Britain.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Self-defense.Shooting.
- Etchings -- 1835.
Wood engravings -- 1835.
Lithographs -- 1835.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.