Berenger, Richard, 1719 or 1720-1782, The history and art of horsemanship , MDCCLXXI 
- The history and art of horsemanship / by Richard Berenger, Esq., Gentleman of the Horse to His Majesty ; in two volumes.
- London : Printed for T. Davies, in Russell-Street, Covent-Garden; and T. Cadell, in the Strand, MDCCLXXI 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF309 .B47 1771+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes translations of Claude Bourgelat's Elémens d'hippiatrique, and Xenophon's Treatise on horsemanship; also, Thomas Pownall's Dissertation on the ancient chariot.
English Short Title Catalogue, T127820
Podeschi, J. B. Horse and horsemanship, 60
BEIN Uzfe45 +771B: Bookplate of James Hallett.
BAC: British Art Center copy is bound in one volume, in brown calf; rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Hallett, James -- Bookplate.Horsemanship.Horses -- Training -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1771.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.