Taxes assessed to William Moody, of Ampthill, Michaelmas, 1820 and 1823
- Taxes assessed to William Moody, of Ampthill.
- Bedford?, Michaelmas, 1820 and 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 2 sheets ; 16 x 9 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 18aAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 18bAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Printed form, completed in black ink.
"Bedford: Printed and sold by J. Webb."--Foot of receipt.
The assessment includes taxes for "houses and windows" and "inhabited houses." In 1820, taxes assessed total £0/15/4; in 1823, £0/7/4. Other taxable items listed on the bill are: male servants, carriage with 4 wheels, carriage with 2 wheels drawn by 1 horse, carriage drawn by 2 or more horses, taxed carts, riding and carriage horses, other horses and mules, dogs, horse dealer's duty, armoial bearings, hair powder, game certificates.
J. Coleman is listed as tax collector on both receipts; C. Austin is an additional collector on the 1820 receipt.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Moody, William, active 1820-1823.Taxation -- England -- Bedford -- 19th century.Taxation of personal property -- Great Britain.Taxes.Webb, J., -- Printer.
- Tax bills.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.