- [Great Britain] : [publisher not identified], [approximately 1860]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : lithograph ; 26 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1866.V3 C45 1860 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Valentine with image of a chicken dressed in women's clothes and a cupid aiming a bow and arrow at her. In the background are a couple dancing. Poem printed at bottom. One sheet mounted.
"Pray pretty Miss Bantam dont be chicken hearts/Twod'd be a foul deed, you and I should be parted/I'm a natty young farmer, like you, got a crop/So good that the question this year I may pop/ And I'll lay a nice egg now, that you now will inclined to be my sweet chick and my own Valentine".
- Subject Terms:
- Chickens.Cupid (Roman deity)Cupids.Dancing.Valentines -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1860.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.