British Fire Office (London, England), [Fire insurance policy for Mr. Robert Gibbs, March 1, 1808, from British Fire Office], March 1st, 1808
[Fire insurance policy for Mr. Robert Gibbs, March 1, 1808, from British Fire Office]
- London : T. Collins, Printer, Harvey's Buildings, Strand, March 1st, 1808.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : illustrations ; 25 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 21View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Completed in pen and ink.
Fire insurance policy, with engraved lion at top, for Mr. Robt. Gibbs, 7 Theobalds Road. [Policy] no. 26170 Premium due on £600: "To pay. £1/0/9. Receipt of payment not recorded.
Four pages. Written on last page: "1808. British Fire Office. Letter. Mar. 1, 1808". No. "26170". Mr. [Robt. Gibbs. 7 Theobaldes Road]". British Fire Office.
"Westminster Society for insurance on lives and for granting annuities, No. 429, Strand, and No. 21, Cornhill."--Advertisement p. 3.
"British Fire Office. Strand and Cornhill, March 1, 1808. [Sir], The next annual payment on your policy, no.  becoming due at Lady-Day next, I beg to remind you, that if the same is not paid within fifteen days therefrom, you cannot claim any benefits from the insurance in case of accident. Please bring this letter or the number of your policy when you come to pay the insurance, and if any alteration in the place or property of the insurance, the policy itself. I am, [Sir], your most obedient servant, Robert Skelton, Sec.
- Subject Terms:
- British Fire Office (London, England)Collins, T. -- Printer.Fire insurance -- Great Britain.Fire insurance premiums -- Great Britain.Gibbs, Robert, active 1808.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Insurance premiums -- Great Britain.
- Blank forms.
Engravings -- 1808.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.