Indenture placing James Harris into the service of Anthony Harison, goldsmith
- Indenture placing James Harris into the service of Anthony Harison, goldsmith.
- Alternate Title(s):
- This indenture witnesseth, that James Harris ...
- London, 1798.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( page) ; 17 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLC4096.G7 I63 1798 BoxAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Completed in pen and ink.
Printed indenture, completed in manuscript, placing James Harris into the service of Anthony Harison, goldsmith, for a period of 7 years, in 1798.
"This indenture witnesseth, that [James Harris ...] doth put himself to appentice to [Anthony Harris ...] citizen and goldsmith of London, to learn his art of [Goldsmith] and with him (after the manner of an apprentice) to serve from the day of the date of these presents, unto the full end and term of seven years, from thence next following, to be fully complete and ended ..."
- Subject Terms:
- Apprentices -- England -- London.Goldsmiths -- England -- London.Harison, Anthony (Goldsmith).Harris, James, active 1798.Indentured servants -- England -- London.
- Blank forms.
Indentures -- England -- London -- 18th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.