Crane, Walter, 1845-1915, The Graphic , [1876?]
- The Graphic : 190 Strand, London.
- [London] : [The Graphic], [1876?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : chromoxylograph ; 14 x 10 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC978.C73 G73 1876 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Advertisement for the Graphic (illustrated weekly), apparently targeted to an American audience. The front bears a chromoxylographed illustration, probably the work of Walter Crane.
Verso: "The graphic, an illustrated weekly newspaper ... much of its space is now being occupied with engravings relating to the centennial exhibition, Philadelphia, U.S.A., 1876, and it will thus prove itself to be a welcome guest in every American household ... Printed on the registered 'Bremner' machine ... Harrild & Sons, makers, 25, Farringdon St., London."
- Subject Terms:
- Book industries and trade -- Great Britain.Centennial Exhibition (1876 : Philadelphia, Pa.)Color printing -- Great Britain.Graphic (London, England)Harrild & Sons.Illustrated periodicals -- Great Britain.Newspapers -- Great Britain.
Chromoxylographs -- 1876.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.