Parkinson, W. (William), 1871-1927, Westminster Abbey fund , 1920
- Westminster Abbey fund : 1065, 1920.
- Great Britain : Westminster Abbey Restoration Fund, 1920.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 16 x 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Pr 29Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George Gregory Smart, Yale BA 1977Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Receipt from the Westminster Abbey Restoration Fund, acknowledging a donation of ten shillings from Edgar A. Groves. With the signatures (perhaps ink-stamped) of Herbert Ryle, Dean, and E.F. Knapp-Fisher, Receiver General.
"Every subscriber to the Westminster Abbey Fund ... will receive a handsome receipt signed by the Dean and the Receiver General. The design, which is the work of Mr. William Parkinson, shows along the top three angels holding each a shield ..."--Westminster Abbey, its story and its needs (New York: The American Committee of the Westminster Abbey Restoration Fund, 1920).
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Conservation and restoration.Charity -- Great Britain.Church buildings -- Great Britain.Westminster Abbey.
Receipts (financial records)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.