The soldier's return.
- Additional Title(s):
When wild wars deadly blast was blown
- [Great Britain] : [Publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 page) ; 23 x 9 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4322 .S65 1793 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The ballad first appeared in 1793 in A select collection original Scottish airs. See: Egerer, J.W. Bibliography of Robert Burns. Carbondale : Southern Illinois Universit Press, 1964 (28).
First line: When wild wars deadly blast was blown.
Anonymous. By Robert Burns.
- Subject Terms:
- Constancy -- Poetry.English poetry -- Scottish authors.Love poetry, Scottish.Return in literature.Soldiers -- Poetry.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.