[Advertisement for patent doors, windows, & shutters for the prevention of burglary], [1817?]
[Advertisement for patent doors, windows, & shutters for the prevention of burglary]
- [London] : [s.n.], [1817?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustrations ; 32 x 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 27Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Probably an advertising circular for Stable & Son, Ironmongers, who are listed at 24 High St., St. Giles' in the Directory of London and Westminster & Borough of Southward, 1794 and Johnstones directory of London, 1817.
Advertisement for metallic window shutters, door & fastenings to aid in the prevention of burglary and fire protection. Engravings of two windows and a door and of the Royal Arms of His Majesty at top of sheet.
"To form a proper estimate of the great advantage and elegant appearance of our improved metallic window, shutters, doors & fastenings for which we have obtained his Majesty's Royal Letters Patent they must be seen in operation as any description which could be incorporated within the limits of a circular would fall indefinitely short in conveying to your mind an adequate idea of he inportance utility and taste, which upon inspection would be found to be associated in these improvements ... 24 High St. St. Giles'. We remain your mos obedt. servts, [Harris & Kitchen]"
"N.B. Models will be forwarded if requested".
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.Domestic architecture -- Great Britain.Doors -- Great Britain.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Metal-work -- Great Britain.Stable & Son (Firm : London, England)Windows -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.