A narrative of the mutiny : on board His Majesty's Ship Bounty : and the subsequent voyage of part of the crew, in the ship's boat : from Tofoa, one of the Friendly Islands, to Timor, a Dutch Settlement in the East Indies / written by Lieutenant William Bligh ; illustrated with charts.
- London : Printed for George Nicol, Bookseller to His Majesty, Pall-Mall, MDCCXC 
- Physical Description:
- iv, 88 pages,  leaves of plates ( folded) : maps ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU20 .B55 1790+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Mackenzie, William Harrison, and John Walker.
Reprinted in 1792 as chapters XIII-XVII of the author's Voyage to the South Sea. Later published in 1900 with title: The mutiny on board H.M.S. Bounty.
The frontispiece is a diagram of the Bounty's launch. The other plates are maps of the voyage.
ESTC (RLIN), T7185
BEIN: Uyf66 B6 +790b: Castle, Ethelinda Schaefer '08, bequest of.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary half niger morocco with beige linen boards. Bookplate: F.G. Coles. Autograph: Ann Ringson. One of the advance copies of Bligh's Voyage. Has bound with it: A voyage to the South Sea undertaken by command of His Majesty, for the purpose of conveying the bread-fruit tree to the West Indies (London : Printed for G. Nicol, 1792).
- Subject Terms:
- Bounty (Ship) -- Early works to 1800.Bounty, Mutiny, 1789 -- Early works to 1800.Christian, Fletcher, 1764-1793.Coles, F.G. -- Bookplate.Oceania -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Oceania -- Discovery and exploration -- British -- Early works to 1800.Oceania -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Pacific Ocean -- Discovery and exploration.Ringson, Ann -- AutographVoyages and travels -- 1700-1800.
- Engravings -- 1790.
YCBA Collections Search
Bligh, William, 1754-1817, A narrative of the mutiny , MDCCXC 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.