IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Cooper, Miss, active 19th century, Miss Cooper educates a limited number of young ladies, [approximately 1850]
Miss Cooper educates a limited number of young ladies.
- London : [publisher not identified], [approximately 1850]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( leaves) ; 19 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLC1421 .C66 1860Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Text on page 1 continues: "On the following terms: for board and English education, 100 guineas per annum; pupils under fourteen years of age, 80 guineas per annum. Latin and modern languages, music, singing, drawing, and dancing, by eminent masters, upon the usual terms. A Parisian lady resides in the family. Washing, eight guineas. Seat at church, £2 ..."
"22 Stanley Gardens, Notting Hill."--Foot of leaf .
Cooper offers nine references, printed on the recto of the second leaf, with one more added in pen and black ink. The references include the Ladies Russell, Rivers, and Eastlake, as well as Mrs. Henry Porter, Mrs. Dawson Greene, Gambier Parry, Henry Bury, and the Rev. Dr. Wilkins (Archdeacon of Nottingham).
- Subject Terms:
- Cooper, Miss, active 19th century.Education -- Great Britain -- 19th century.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Private schools -- Great Britain.Teachers -- Great Britain.Women -- Education -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.