Laurie, Mrs, active 1831, Bill for school expenses for Miss H. Townley at Mrs. Laurie's school, Bath Place, Reading, June 16th, 1831
Bill for school expenses for Miss H. Townley at Mrs. Laurie's school, Bath Place, Reading.
- Reading, June 16th, 1831.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (2 pages) ; 23 x 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLA637.6 .L387 1831Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- The bill is addressed to the Revd. H. Townley.
Expenses include: tuition, washing, dance, French and geography, writing and arithmetic, pens, ink &c., use of library and seat at chapel, French & English class books, threads, tapes, &c., shoe maker's bill, apothecary's bill, gloves, mantua maker's bill, coach hire, mending shoes, pocket money, hair cutting, soap, pair of scissors, repair of linen, family medicine, and gratuity to servants, totaling £20/4/10. Receipt of payment not recorded.
Completed in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Boarding schools -- Great Britain.Education -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Laurie, Mrs, active 1831.Private schools -- Great Britain.Schools -- England -- Reading.Women -- Education -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
- School bills.
Receipts (financial records)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.