Moore, Thomas, 1779-1852, The last glimpse of Erin, [approximately 1850]
- The last glimpse of Erin.
- Alternate Title(s):
- First line of song: Though the last glimpse of Erin with sorrow I see
Though the last glimpse of Erin with sorrow I see
- [Great Britain?] : [publisher not identified], [approximately 1850]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustrations ; 19 x 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Ent 3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Music (printed)
- Caption title.
The lyrics are from a poem by Thomas Moore. The melody is that of The Coolin, a traditional Irish air.
For voice and piano. The illustration at top depicts a group of travelers taking their last glimpse of Ireland, from the deck of a ship.
- Subject Terms:
- Ireland -- Songs and music.Popular music.Song, Irish.
- Sheet music.
Chromoxylographs -- 1850.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.