[Admission ticket to a masquerade at Bayswater, January 20, 1820], 
- [Admission ticket to a masquerade at Bayswater, January 20, 1820].
- Alternate Title(s):
- Title at head of illustration: Masquerade, Bayswater, Jany. 1818
- [London] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 ticket : illustrations ; 10 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1749 .A36 1820 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The etching, signed "Johnson Esq. delin.", depicts men and women dressed in fancy costume, inside a hall with framed pictures on the wall. The British Museum attributes the etching to Samuel William Reynolds.
At foot: "No. [blank] admit [blank]. Bayswater, Jany. 20, 1820. Masquerade ticket. Not transferble."
BAC: British Art Center copy tightly cropped, with loss of content (including the image title at top). The ticket is numbered 92, for the admission of "Miss Blew." This may be Sarah Pelerin Blew (1799-1873), who in 1822 would marry Benjamin Golding.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Balls (Parties) -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Blew, Sarah Pelerin, 1799-1873 -- Provenance.Costume -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Dance parties -- Great Britain -- 19th century.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Etchings -- 1820.
Admission tickets -- England -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.