Reece & Co. (London, England), [Billhead of Reece & Co. for supplies bought by the Medical Botanical Society], 1838-1839
- [Billhead of Reece & Co. for supplies bought by the Medical Botanical Society].
- Alternate Title(s):
- Bought of Reece & Co.
- [London] : Reece & Co., 1838-1839.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 17 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Sci 3Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Engraved billhead, recording the purchase, Dec. 1838, of "3 Dozn. L[illegible] cases" for £-/6/6. Receipt of payment is recorded on Jan. 15, 1839. The buyer is presumably the Royal Medical Botanical Society.
"Chemical & medical hall, no. 168, Piccadilly. Prescriptions carefully compounded. Chemical reagents for analyses & philosophical experiments. Medicine chests of various descriptions. Adapted to all climates. Chemical and mineralogical chests &c."
"Bought of Reece & Co."
Features an illustration of the Reece & Co. storefront at 168 Piccadilly.
Completed in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Chemistry -- Equipment and supplies -- Great Britain.Chemistry -- Experiments.Chemistry -- Great Britain.Pharmacy -- Equipment and supplies -- Great Britain.Pharmacy -- Great Britain.Reece & Co. (London, England)Royal Medical Botanical Society.Storefronts -- Great Britain.
Engravings -- 1838-1839.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.