Bracken, Henry, 1697-1764, Farriery improved, or, A complete treatise on the art of farriery , Jan. 11, 1798
- Farriery improved, or, A complete treatise on the art of farriery : wherein are fully explained, the nature and structure of that useful creature, a horse : with the diseases and accidents he is liable to : and the methods of cure : exemplified by ten elegant cuts, each the full figure of a horse, describing all the various parts of that noble animal : likewise, rules for breeding and training of colts, practical receipts for the cure of common distempers incident to oxen, cows, calves, sheep, lambs, hogs, &c. : to which is prefixed, ten minutes' advice to the purchasers of horses / by Henry Bracken, M.D.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Farriery improved
Complete treatise of the art of farriery
- Second American edition.
- Philadelphia : Printed for Mathew Carey, no. 118, Market-Street, by Stephen C. Ustick, Jan. 11, 1798.
- Physical Description:
- iv, , 6-144 pages,  leaves of plates (8 folded) : illustrations ; 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF951.B73 F37 1798Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes index.
Signatures: A-F⁶ ²E-F⁹ G-H⁹ (gathering G missigned E).
Edition statement transposed from head of title.
The plate "The age of a horse by its teeth" is signed: Drawn and engraved by E. Martin, from the bones.
National Library of Medicine (U.S.). Early American medical imprints, 265
BAC: British Art Center copy: bound in contemporary brown half calf, and marbled board covers. In tan cloth slip-case.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Early works to 1800.Livestock -- Diseases -- Early works to 1800.Veterinary medicine -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1798.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.