The twelve moneths / by Nicholas Breton ; edited by Brian Rhys, with wood engravings by Eric Ravilious.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1927.
- Physical Description:
- 26 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2214.B74 A75 1927Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN X178 G56 Z927B: Presentation inscription from Bruce Rogers to George and E. Rogers [his parents], Christmas, 1927. Ms. annotations. No. 340.
BEIN 198 1735: No. 249.
"This book was printed by Robbert Gibbings ... and completed on November 9th, 1927. The text is reprinted from the original edition of Breton's Fantasticks, 1626 ..."--Colophon.
One of an edition of 500 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 428 of 500. Bound in publisher's original orange cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Calendar.Golden Cockerel Press -- Publisher.Months.Rogers, Bruce, 1870-1957 -- Presentation inscription to E. RogersRogers, Bruce, 1870-1957 -- Presentation inscription to G. Rogers.Rogers, E. -- Presentation inscription from B. Rogers.Rogers, George -- Presentation inscription from B. Rogers.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1927.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.