Le Lacheur, Madame, active 1845, Novel and interesting exhibition of fancy shell-work!, 
- Novel and interesting exhibition of fancy shell-work!.
- [London] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 23 x 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK8643.L3 N6 1845 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Handbill advertising an exhibition by Madame Le Lacheur at 4, Leicester Square, London.
A near-identical announcement appeared in the Morning post (London), June 7, 1845.
"Novel and interesting exhibition of fancy shell-work! 4, Leicester Square. Madame Le Lacheur having just arrived in London begs to solicit the attention of the nobility, gentry & public in general to her unrivalled collection of fancy shell work in endless devices, such as groups of figures, birds, animals, flowers, in wreaths and nosegays, &c and a variety of fancy ornaments, surpassing anything of the kind ever brought before the public."
"Admission one shilling. Specimens of the above on sale to visitors only. Open daily from 10 till dusk. Children & schools half price."
BAC: British Art Center copy inscribed "1845" in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.Decorative arts -- 19th century.Exhibitions -- England -- London -- 19th century.Le Lacheur, Madame, active 1845.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Natural history -- Great Britain.Shellcraft.Shells -- Great Britain.Shellwork.Women in natural history.
- Handbills -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
Advertisements -- England -- London -- 1845.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.