- England, approximately 1877.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (55 pages) ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process TT820 .K55 1877Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Bound in original limp morocco covers,
Manuscript notebook of knitting patterns, mainly for clothes for babies and young children. With an original knitted specimen pinned onto one leaf. It is accompanied by another paper notebook of 38 pages with additional patterns; a receipt for a waistcoat addressed to Miss A. Woodall; and another pattern on headed note-paper from Ribston Hall, Wetherby (a 17th century country mansion situated on the banks of the River Nidd, at Great Ribston, near Knaresborough, North Yorkshire).
The patterns include a child's knitted petticoat, knitted baby's hood, baby's boot, knitted chemise, and socks. Some names are noted: jacket Mary Cundill; Agnes Dunn's petticoat; Sebastian's long stockings 1877, 4 years old; Mary's long stockings.
- Subject Terms:
- Knitting -- Study and teaching.Needlework -- Study and teaching.
- Manuals (Handbooks)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.