Sixty different sorts of ornaments / invented by Gaetano Brunetti, Italian painter ; very useful to painters, sculptors, stone carvers, wood carvers, silversmiths, &c.
- [London] : Publish'd pursuant to an act of Parliament, June ye. 25. 1736.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1535.B78 S59 1736+ Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1535.B78 S59 1736+ Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Henry Fletcher and John Rocque.
Engraved throughout; last plate is author's receipt for payment with blank spaces for date and name of buyer.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, p. 253
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound in smooth calf binding. Copy 2 bound in half calf and original marbled boards, landscape format (20 x 25 cm), some leaves bound in upside down.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament, Rococo -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1736.Furniture design -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Garden ornaments and furniture -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Brunetti, Gaetano, -1758, Sixty different sorts of ornaments , June ye. 25. 1736
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.