Shetland : twelve etchings / Norman Ackroyd.
- Yorkshire : Norman Ackroyd, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 12 prints : aquatints ; sheets 23 x 34 cm, in box 27 x 36 cm, 1 map ; 32 x 22 cm, and  pages ; 24 x 34 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 19Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jason Bacon, Yale BA 1956View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A set of twelve etchings of landscapes depicting the Shetland Islands. Accompanied by an etched map of the region, in which the places depicted by Ackroyd are noted.
"The twelve etchings are published in editions of 90 with 2 exhibition proofs and 2 printers' proofs. Numbers 1-90 and the proofs are collated into boxed sets ... The etchings are printed by Neil Woodall in Yorkshire from copper plates etched by the artist."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of the 50 boxed sets. Each etching is titled, numbered ("8/50"), signed, and dated by Ackroyd, in graphite. In original solander box.
- Subject Terms:
- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Shetland (Scotland) -- Maps.Shetland (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Woodall, Neil -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- 2012.
- Isle of Foula
- The Kame of Foula
- The Gaada Sack-Foula
- Papa Stour
- Muckle Roe
- The Drongs
- Dere Holm
- The Rumblings-Herma Ness
- Muckle Flugga
- The Noup of Noss
- Bard Head-Bressay
- The Broch of Mousa.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.