Voltaire, 1694-1778, The princess of Babylon , MCMXXVII 
- The princess of Babylon / by M. de Voltaire ; with decorations by Thomas Lowinsky.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Princesse de Babilone. English
- London : The Nonesuch Press, MCMXXVII 
- Physical Description:
- , 156,  pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ2082.P7 E5 1927Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Translation of La princesse de Babylone.
"Of this edition 1500 copies have been printed for sale in England and American by the Westminster Press upon Batchelor's Kelmscott hand-made paper. The translation is that of the Glasgow edition of 1769. The decorations have been designed by Thomas Lowinsky."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 48
BEIN 1975 628: No. 974.
BEIN Hfd3 161: No. 1039.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 389 of 1500. Bound in cream quarter parchment with maroon, blue and tan marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Princesses -- Babylon (Extinct city) -- Fiction.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Wood engravings -- 1927.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.