The Art Student : an illustrated monthly magazine of the fine & industial arts and guide to their principles and practice.
- London : Hall, Smart, & Allen, Paternoster Row; 1864-1865.
Dublin : M'Glashan & Gill ; 1864-1865.
Edinburgh : Menzies ; 1864-1865.
Glasgow : Murray & Son, 1864-1865.
- Physical Description:
- 17 volumes : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN1 .A78+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- No more published.
Text in double columns.
Contains trade advertisements.
Vol. 1-6 printed by Thomas Piper, 31 & 32, Paternoster Row. Vol. 7-13 printed by Bysh & Rose, 58 & 60, Albany Road, Old Kent Road. Vol. 14-17 printed by George Watson, 5, Kirby Street, Hatton Garden.
Engravings by Walmsley and William Casson; after A. Newman, W.G. Smith and W.H. Prior.
British Union catalogue of periodicals, v. 1, p. 223
Union list of serials, v. 1, p. 496
BAC: British Art Center complete in 17 volumes. Bound in publisher's original printed paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Periodicals.Art -- Study and teaching.Bysh & Rose -- Printer.Hall, Smart & Allen -- Publisher.M'Glashan & Gill -- Publisher.Menzies -- Publisher.Murray & Son -- Publisher.Piper, Thomas -- Printer.Watson, George -- Printer.
- Periodicals -- England -- London -- 19th century.
Wood engravings -- 1864-1865.
Engravings -- 1864-1865.
Lithographs -- 1864-1865.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.