Machin, Arnold, 1911-1999, Benjamin West Award, 2012
- Benjamin West Award.
- Birmingham, England : Thomas Frattorini, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 medallion : silver ; 6.3 cm in diameter, in box 9.5 x 9.5 x 3.0 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCabinet Z1 1Presented to Director Amy Meyers, and the Yale Center for British Art, by the American Associates of the Royal Academy Trust. October 24, 2012Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Tondo medallion, designed in 1980 by Arnold Machin, and struck by Thomas Frattorini of Birmingham. After Michaelangelo's The Virgin and Child with infant St. John. Presented to Amy Meyers and the Yale Center for British Art, by the American Associates of the Royal Academy Trust, October 24, 2012.
Inscriptions: Verso, in arc, at top edge "The Royal Academy of Arts." In an arc at the lower edge: "Praemivm Excellentiae." Engraved on rim: "Amy Meyers Ph.D. Director Yale Center for British Art."
Accompanied by the printed program for American Associates of the Royal Academy Trust Gala Dinner Dance, October 24, 2012. The gala included presentation of the Benjamin West Award and the John Singleton Copley Award (to Frank Stella).
- Subject Terms:
- Awards and Prizes.Medals -- Specimens.Meyers, Amy R. W.Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain)Yale Center for British Art
- Medallions (medals)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.