Sketches on the Nipisaguit : a river of New Brunswick, B.N. America / by William Hickman, B.A.
- Halifax, N.S. : Published by John B. Strong, bookseller and librarian ; London : Day & Son, Lithographers to the Queen, Gate Street, Lincoln's-Inn Fields, 1860.
- Physical Description:
- , ii, 2, , 2, 2, , 2,  pages, 8 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 38 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT 629 (F0A)Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithographs by F. Jones, after William Hickman.
"Published at £2. 2s."--Abbey.
The binding includes an inserted ticket that reads "This volume was lithographed, printed, & bound by Day & Son, Gate Strt, London, W.C."--Abbey
The plates are tinted lithographs (two tints).
Sabin, No. 31706 lists the title as "Sketches on the Nissisaguil, a River of New Brunswick" and the date as "1861".
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 31706
Toronto Public Libraries. Bibliography of Canadiana, 3988
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 629
BEIN Egdk N62 +860h: In manuscript on t.p.: "Miss Sampson with the author's compts".
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Plates are hand-colored. Bound in publisher's purple cloth, blind-blocked, gilded edges, lettered in gilt within elaborate gilt design on the front cover, yellow endpapers. Includes ticket described by Abbey.
- Subject Terms:
- Hickman, William -- Presentation inscription to Miss Sampson.Nepisiguit River (N.B.).New Brunswick -- Description and travel.New Brunswick -- Pictorial works.Sampson, Miss -- Presentation inscription from W. Hickman.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1860.
- Plates: No. 1. Above the Grand Falls
- No. 2. The Grand Falls
- No. 3. The camp, Grand Falls
- No. 4. Portage below the Little Falls
- No. 5. Morning at the Mid Landing
- No. 6. The Pabineau Falls
- No. 7. Shooting a rapid
- No. 8. The Town of Bathurst.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.