Copley, John, 1875-1950, The fall and rise of His Imperial Majesty Jacques Démodé, Emperor of the Sahara, 
The fall and rise of His Imperial Majesty Jacques Démodé, Emperor of the Sahara.
- [England] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : illustrations ; 46 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 23Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Twenty-two lithographs, some with color, all signed in graphite.
"Inspired by the recent amazing adventures of Jacques Lebaudy, but in reality just a peg on which to hang a series of glimpses of modern London life ..."--Wright.
Date of publication from Wright.
"Number printed 25."
Wright, H. Lithographs of John Copley and Ethel Gabain, no. 3-no. 24
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 12 of 25. Bound in original gilt-stamped olive green cloth. Inscribed: Jack Crawford. Gift of John Copley, my brother-in-law.
- Subject Terms:
- Crawford, Jack -- Autograph.Lebaudy, Jacques.Satire, English.
- Lithographs -- 1909.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1910.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.