Interwoven globe : the worldwide textile trade, 1500-1800 / edited by Amelia Peck ; with contributions by Amy Bogansky ... [et al.].
- Additional Title(s):
Worldwide textile trade, 1500-1800
- New York : Metropolitan Museum of Art ; New Haven : distributed by Yale University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 350 pages : illustrations, maps ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryNK8806 .I58 2013 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published in conjunction with an exhibition held at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, Sept. 16, 2013-Jan. 5, 2014.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 331-343) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Exoticism in art -- Exhibitions.Textile design -- History -- 16th century -- Exhibitions.Textile design -- History -- 17th century -- Exhibitions.Textile design -- History -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Textile fabrics -- History -- 16th century -- Exhibitions.Textile fabrics -- History -- 17th century -- Exhibitions.Textile fabrics -- History -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.
- Trade textiles at the Metropolitan Museum : a history / Amelia Peck
- "One thing leads to another" : Indian textiles and the early globalization of style / John Guy
- The Iberian globe : textile traditions and trade in Latin America / Elena Phipps
- Chinese textiles for Portuguese tastes / Maria João Pacheco Ferreira
- Japan and the textile trade in context / Joyce Denney
- Silk along the seas : Ottoman Turkey and Safavid Iran in the Global textile trade / Marika Sardar
- "Whims and fancies" : Europeans respond to textiles from the East / Melinda Watt
- "India chints" and "China taffaty" : East Indian Compnay textiles for the North American market / Amelia Peck
- Global colors : dyes and the dye trade / Elena Phipps