Authoramique view of Weymouth [graphic].
- Weymouth : Published at E. Groves's Fancy Repository and Library, 11 St. Mary Str., [ca. 1820]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 6 joined sheets : hand-colored etching ; sheets end-to-end 10 x 277 cm, accordion folded to 10 x 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.W565 A98 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and imprint from publisher's original printed label on front cover.
Issued in a cloth folder.
With publisher's advertisement on back cover: "Cycloramique view of Weymouth Bay. Authorama of Weymouth Town. Map 'en relief of the coast near Weymouth. Environs of Weymouth geologically colored. Weymouth and Melcombe-Regis Guide. Drawings lent to copy. Plain and fancy stationery, perfumery, prints and periodicals. Engraving, printing, book-binding."
Panorama includes place names along the bottom edge.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 478
Hyde, R. Gilded scenes and shining prospects. New Haven, Ct. : Yale Center for British Art, 1985, 90
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In publisher's original maroon cloth folder, with printed labels on front and back covers; original tie partially intact.
- Subject Terms:
- E. Groves's Fancy Repository and Library -- Publisher.Weymouth (Dorset, England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.Weymouth (Dorset, England) -- Pictorial works.Weymouth -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1820.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
Panoramas -- England -- Weymouth.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.