The artists' colourmen's story , c1984
- The artists' colourmen's story : a guide to the history of artists' colourmen of London as illustrated in the Artists' Colourmen's Room at the Winsor & Newton Colour Works at Wealdstone.
- Wealdstone, Harrow, Middlesex : Reckitt & Colman Leisure Ltd., c1984.
- Physical Description:
- 58 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 21 cm
- Reference LibraryHD9791 .A77 1984 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Cover title.
"Authorship, design and research by Don Pavey in consultation with Peter Staples, technical director, Reckitt & Colman Leisure Limited"--P.  of cover.
Produced to reflect the contents of the Artists' Colourmen's Room, a permanent museum opened by Winsor & Newton on 14 June 1982 in celebration of its 150th anniversary, tracing family and business history and the development of color science, technology, and the marketing of pigments.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 58).
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' Colourmen's Room (Wealdstone, London, England)Artists' materials -- England -- London -- History.Artists' materials industry -- England -- London -- History.Pigments -- England -- London -- History.Pigments industry -- England -- London -- History.Reeves and Sons -- History.Winsor & Newton -- History.